Monday, December 26, 2011

What I Got For Christmas

I had a very good Christmas. I ate a lot of good food, got lots of presents and went to church. Speaking of going to church, my wife and I went with my father to his church. Sitting in front of us were 5 kids who I was pretty sure were going to kill each other.

The parents sat there doing absolutely nothing. Get this: They even let their son bring a Nerf dart gun to church. I’m pretty sure growing up if I had attempted to bring a dart gun to church it wouldn’t have gone very well. Anyway, I’m sure these kids will be on 60 Minutes one day for murdering their parents. Better them than me.

Regarding the gifts I got for Christmas, I have some good news and I have some bad news. The good news is that I got a lot of good firearms books (more on these in a moment.) The bad news is that my wife must have gotten to Santa because he did not bring me a gun for Christmas, which is hard to believe, because everyone knows Santa is a Republican. But that’s okay, because I plan to get two guns next month, including a new 1911 to make up for what Santa didn’t bring me.

Now let’s get to the books I got:

I’m very fortunate to love what I do and to have my “work reading material” be something that interests me. I try and read at least two books a month on personal protection and firearms. The following books below are what I got for Christmas and what should keep me busy for the next few months:

1. To Ride, Shoot Straight, and Speak the Truth by Jeff Cooper
2. Jim Cirillo’s Tales of the Stakeout Squad by Paul Kirchner
3. No Second Place Winner by Bill Jordan
4. Surgical Speed Shooting by Andy Stanford
5. Practical Shooting by Brian Enos
6. 1911: The First 100 Years by Patrick Sweeney

Each of these books is written by or about some of the best firearms instructors on the planet, so I look forward to learning a thing or two, which I’ll in turn be able to pass along to you.

Other than the books, I got some new jacketed hollow-point self-defense ammo and my wife wants me to inform you that she got a blender… sorry a “hand mixer,” and some “super cute” clothes. Needless to say, I was slightly more excited about the books and ammo than the blender and shirt made by some designer I’ve never heard of.

Well, time to head to the range to get some practice in, but tomorrow I’m going to reveal the 2012 Concealed Carry Academy referral plan, which I really think you’re going to like and which could get you a ton of free training.

1 comment:

  1. Free is good. If you make a referral plan, they will come. Family plan + huge masses of NoVA homeschoolers who can train in hours during normal people's work = untapped resource.

    My wife and kids took some personal protection classes with their Homeschool Co-Op (in Texas where cops will lecture you for NOT using your firearm on a criminal). I bet you could find a niche here...

    ReplyDelete