Tuesday, May 22, 2012


My Four Guns for the End of America


A lot of folks think the downfall of this country is going to be Obama getting re- elected… Others believe it will be when the dollar is replaced by the Chinese Yuan as the world’s reserve currency… And still others think it’s going to be war with either Iran or North Korea or maybe both.

Personally, I think it’s our debt that’s going to be the downfall and although I don’t think the country is going “off a cliff” as many believe, I do think there could be a few weeks of riots and severe instability and it will be important to have food, water, and of course your guns.

However, I know there are a lot of guns out there to choose from and I know gun companies are cranking out new gun models as fast as they can… so out of the thousands of guns out there, I have boiled it down to the 4 most important guns I think you should have.
  1. The first gun isn’t going to be a big surprise to many people. It’s a Glock. (Either model 17 or 19.) I realize there are a lot of Glock haters out there, but when push comes to shove and the “stuff” has really hit the fan, I’m willing to bet most Glock haters would love a Glock over the gun they have. The fact is, that 1911 requires way too much maintenance and way too much oil and isn’t as reliable as a Glock. (And yes, I realize they’re not perfect and do break, but other guns break first.)
  2. The second gun I would choose is a Remington 870 shotgun. Remington has produced over 10 million of these guns and they’re the “Glock” of shotguns. Reliable, dependable and they almost never fail. For home defense and “end of the world” riots and craziness you can’t beat a shotgun loaded with 00 buck. Just make sure if you’re using your shotgun for home defense that you have a light on it. I prefer the SureFire set up, which is on my Remington 870 that I keep in my house.
  3. The third gun I would want is a .22 rifle, a Ruger 10/22 to be exact. I realize this gun isn’t the most powerful rifle out there, but it serves a lot of purposes. For instance, if you didn’t properly store food like you should have you might be in your backyard shooting squirrels for dinner. (If you live in the city, it might be those giant rats that I’m sure taste delicious.) The .22 is also a very easy rifle to shoot and can be used by a family member who is less familiar with firearms in case they are needed to help defend a home or other location.
  4. The final gun I would choose is my AR-15. When 11 people are trying to break into your house and kill you after things have gone haywire you don’t want to reach for your handgun or shotgun… You want 30 rounds of firepower to remind the criminals they’ve chosen the wrong house. (My AR-15 of choice is Rock River Arms.)
Again, in all seriousness, I don’t think the end of the world or end of America is going to come. But I do feel a lot safer and do believe it’s a good idea to own all 4 guns above. I’m sure your opinion differs on these guns, so at least have more than one way to protect yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment