Tuesday, July 24, 2012


My Thoughts on the Colorado Shooting

As soon as the Colorado shooting happened my cell phone began to ring. The callers on the other end were my friends who were Democrats who launched into the gun control tirade. I let them go on their tirade as I’m used to it and didn’t respond back because it’s pointless.

What I’ve learned over the years as a firearms instructor is that the only time an anti-gun person will change their mind is when something bad happens to them and they realize a gun would have prevented it. Case in point: The female students who attend my training and tell me they used to hate guns but they were raped and now realize they need a gun.

I’ve never claimed to be the smartest guy in the world, but I am thankful I was blessed with common sense to know guns keep the honest people safe and that the criminals will cause harm one way or another.

With that being said, here are the major thoughts I have on the Colorado shooting.

Obviously, it’s a horrible tragedy and it breaks your heart, especially to hear the stories of the young victims, such as the 6-year-old girl. All you can really say is that there are some evil monsters in this world and unfortunately we as society often don’t realize they’re evil until it’s too late.

I also thought to myself that it’s a shame that nobody in the theater was carrying concealed (or maybe they were and just didn’t draw.) They might not have been able to save very many lives because of the quickness of the shooter, but even if they had saved one it would have been worth it.

However, the big thought I had is that sometimes you can be as vigilant as possible and there is nothing you can do about stopping an attack. You and I are not the President of the United States and aren’t surrounded 24/7 by dozens of secret service, therefore we are much easier targets for a criminal and none of us can be on high alert all of the time.

But even though that’s the case…

It’s still important to not go down without a fight. The loser attitude is to be a victim, to lay down and assume you can’t control it and think they’re going to get you anyway, whereas, the winners in life will do everything they can to keep themselves safer.

And that’s why every time I leave my house I have my gun with me because if it happens to be the day that I’m supposed to meet my maker, at least I’ll go down firing and not helpless.

So if you happen to be like me and your friends and family members are on their high horse about the evils of guns, I hope you’ll just ignore them and not let them get to you. Because one day you may end up saving their lives thanks to your gun.

Perhaps most ironic of all, is that thanks to the Second Amendment and gun owners like you and I, our anti-gun friends have the freedom to talk bad about us and complain there’s not enough gun control, because without the guns, we’d long have been invaded by another country (or been fully locked down by our own gov’t) and who knows what America would be like now.

No comments:

Post a Comment