Thursday, August 23, 2012


A coming race war?

I think I’ll preface this by saying that I have zero respect for anyone that judges another person by their race or religion. (That’s putting it lightly.) The fact is, I’m Mormon and twice in my life I’ve had people tell me that they wanted to train with me but found out I was Mormon and couldn’t trust a Mormon to train them in the use of firearms.

In another instance, I was doing training when I walked up to a group of instructors from another school that I did not know. They began talking about how they could never train with a black man and they used a very ugly word.

In both cases, I wish I could say I did the Christian thing and tried to help these ignorant folks or something along those lines. But the truth is, I simply walked away because I knew if I opened my mouth I would tell them what I thought of them and a fight would likely ensue. And since guns were present, it was much better for me to not say a word, control my temper, and get away from them.

I bring all this up…

Because recently I was working for a client and I had to do some in-depth research on the KKK and the Black Panthers. I’m sure you’re familiar with them but if you spend 5 minutes searching online you’ll be amazed at how sick each of these groups really is.

And I say 5 minutes because after that short amount of time you’ll feel sick to your stomach from what you’re reading and won’t want to see anymore. In a way, I feel sorry for these people because they must have had horrible childhoods to now be spewing such hate.

But I was researching them because of the upcoming election and because each group has stated that there is going to be some outbreak of violence if their candidate doesn’t win. If Romney wins, the Black Panthers claim they’re going to go around killing white people. And if Obama wins, the KKK and skinheads claim they’re going to do the same to Black people.

I realize these groups having been saying this type of thing for years…

But lately the talk is becoming uglier and happening more often. If you don’t believe me, just read an article about Obama and then scroll down to where people can share their comments. It won’t take you long to see the hate in this world.

So what can you do about this? Well, I know that 99% of people reading this aren’t racists, but that doesn’t mean you still won’t get attacked by one of these hate groups. A stray bullet doesn’t care if you’re black or white or Asian. In other words, on the night of the election I wouldn’t be hanging out in any major cities… especially Chicago. That place is going to have an all out war any day now.

I’d also be extra vigilant in the days leading up to the election. If you want to see how quickly a city can collapse you should watch some of the videos of the Rodney King riots. In a matter of minutes society broke down and innocent victims were being pulled from their cars and beaten.

I know this week I didn’t share my usual firearms tips, but sometimes I just want to make you think. And a lot of people think the economy is the biggest danger this nation faces, but it’s looking more and more like a race war, which is just another reason why you need to carry a firearm to protect yourself and you need to have good situational awareness and not do anything foolish like hang out at a skinhead biker bar on the night of the election (or ever).

No comments:

Post a Comment