Tuesday, August 6, 2013

My 4 everyday carry guns

Right now, I have four guns in the rotation of what I carry on a daily basis. I don’t rotate these guns daily and some of them I carry more often than others, but throughout the month each one of these guns is likely to be with me at some point. 

The first gun is a Ruger LCP and I find myself carrying this gun more and more often these days. I carry it in my front, right pocket in a kydex holster. The reason I carry this gun so often is because it’s easy and convenient to slip in my pocket when I’m heading out. I also carry this gun in a bellyband every morning when I go for my daily run. This gun carries 6 + 1 rounds of ammo, which I am completely comfortable with.

The second gun is another pocket pistol. It’s a Smith & Wesson model 642 snub-nosed revolver. I also carry this gun in my front, right pocket and I carry it in a Robert Mika pocket holster. This is a 5-shot revolver.

Both of these pocket guns aren’t the easiest to shoot and you definitely need to practice with them and get used to the long trigger pull. However, they’re both highly accurate guns and I’m confident carrying either of them.

The third gun in my rotation is the Glock 19.

The Glock 19 gives me 15 + 1 rounds of ammunition. It’s durable and reliable and it has never given me any problems over the years. I typically carry my Glock 19 in an inside the waistband holster at the four o’clock position.

The newest gun in my rotation is a full size Smith & Wesson M&P. The M&P gives me 17 + 1 rounds of ammunition and is Smith & Wesson’s version of the Glock. I like the sights on the M&P better than the Glock and the grip on the M&P feels better to me, too.

I carry the M&P two places on my body.

I either carry it in an inside the waistband holster at the four o’ clock position, the same way I do my Glock… or I carry it in an outside the waistband holster and I have my shirt over top of the gun to conceal it.

These four guns are obviously my personal preference and there are a lot of quality gun manufacturers out there these days. But whatever guns you decide to add to your carry rotation, first, make sure they are quality, and second, make sure you practice with them and that you develop the accuracy skills you need to stop a threat.  

No comments:

Post a Comment