Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Don’t Let Society Brainwash You Into Doing This

Today I’m going to share with you one of the simplest ways you can protect yourself and your family from a home invasion. It’s so simple that I hope you won’t take it too lightly and that you’ll pass along this information to your loved ones.

So what is it? It’s to never, ever answer your door unless you know the person who is knocking. You see, one of the oldest scams in the book is having the young, pretty, distressed female knocking on the door saying she needs to use your phone because her car broke down, or she needs help because someone just tried to rob her, or any number of reasons.

As soon as the homeowner answers the door, usually two accomplices pop out and force their way inside to rob the homeowner and potentially do a lot worse. You might think this sounds so obvious or that you’d never be foolish enough to let it happen to you, but it happens all the time.

For example…

Yesterday, I was surfing the Internet and I came across this article: “About 8:45 p.m., three teenage males knocked on the door of a home in the 3300 block of Raines Street, Pensacola Police Department officials said. When resident Jack Crawford, 72, answered the door, one of the teens hit him in the head with an aluminum bat and tried to force his way into the home.”

Luckily, the homeowner had a gun and he ended up shooting the teenagers and stopping them from killing him. In fact, this type of crime happens so often, that when I started training my fiancée on personal protection skills, this is one of the first things I emphasized.

However, the problem that most people have with this is they don’t want to seem “mean” or not to help someone. In other words, they’ve let society brainwash them into believing they must answer the door for anyone who knocks and this is exactly what criminals hope for.

So what should you do if you get a strange knock at the door?

Well, you can always ignore it. But what if it is someone in distress? Tell them you’ll call 911 for them. Throw something out the window if you feel so inclined. However, most of the time if you’re speaking through the door to them and offer to call 911, the criminal will often move on, but not always.

Put simply, use common sense and try to help the person, but do not put yourself in danger and don’t let them talk you into opening the door, no matter what. However, if you feel the need to open the door (against my advice) here’s what I would do if I were you.

I would answer the door with a revolver in my pocket and my hand in my pocket, prepared to quickly draw the revolver if I had to. What type of revolver would I use? I like the Smith and Wesson model 642.

Again, I wouldn’t answer the door, but if I did, I would definitely make sure I was armed. I realize that today’s message was simple, but if you ignore it, it could lead to a home invasion, which could have easily been prevented.

So make sure that your wife, kids, husband, whomever, know not to answer the door – even for the FedEx deliveryman. (Because those uniforms could never get stolen, right?)

No comments:

Post a Comment